Tuesday, November 07, 2006

L.A To Osaka:


back on tour. I can't believe 4 weeks flew in that fast, especial as I really did nothing at home.
I got the car, registered it and got insurance etc etc, played football and swam.....

I have to admit that I've been looking forward to this part of the tour for ages though, as we're playing with my old friends ratatat. I'd not seen Evan and Mike for about three years until diner last night.........
what a great band!

thanks to common sense, I flew on my own from l.a to Osaka via san Francisco.....
it beats flying to the u.k to meet up with mogwai then on to Japan.....
I did cross the date line however, so I'll be jet lagged out of my mind in about 2 days time
my flight home leaves at 4.30 p.m and i get to L.A.X at 8.45 a.m the same day! Good times...

I flew united,which would never be my first choice.
apart from the usual long haul problems ( I'm 6.ft 2, and the seats seem to be made for Japanese teenage girls.) everything went fine.
I managed to get about 60 9.volt batteries through the scanners in both l.a.x and s.f.o in my hand luggage.....I'm not sure if I'm worried about that or not.
I also saw the abortion that is the fast and the furious: Tokyo drift..................
comedy gold for about 20 minutes, then soooooooooo depressing.

got pulled over at customs in Osaka for a second or too
really nice wee lady opened my bag and saw this in my suitcase



one of the guitar polish containers was broken, and my jeans were soaked....
she looked embarrassed and let me go......
result!

was met at the airport and took the 60 minute drive into Osaka.
I realized how lucky i was on the way in......
this is my 12th time in Japan, and i've always been paid to be here...........
sometimes,when your in a stinky euro bus, on the 4th week of a 6 week tour, playing your 8th gig in a row, you can honestly act like a spoilt child...
this really is the other side of the coin.

got to the hotel, which i'd stayed at with mogwai about 5 years ago....
this is the view from hotel room last night.



and here it is in the morning.....




meet up with everyone and ratatat at 8.pm in the hotel lobby and went out for a meal and beers.
being a veggie in Japan is pretty tough,but having our buddy Katsu from smash helping....Everything is usually fine.
I did eat fish by mistake, which usually means a 24 hour whitey, but it looks like I got away with it...

fun times were had by all, and I'm glad I stayed up and didn't crash out when I arrived.
I was asleep at 11.30 and slept till just after 8 in the morning......
another result.

I went for a walk to get my bearings..... But nothing opens until 11.am, which happens to be the lobby call for the crew today...

I took some photos though






got to go for that lobby call.
I hope to get the first pedalzombie pics tonight .....


already missing my girl....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home