Tuesday, November 14, 2006

....And back again.............



so nice to be back home again, even if I was only away for a week.
Japan was, however, tremendous.
all 4 shows were great and it was a great way to end the years touring for both mogwai and myself.

TOKYO:



the first show in Tokyo was at a place called Studio Coast..........
it held about 3,000 people.
the place was about 40 minutes away from the hotel by van and was near the river........
the backstage area looked like this:



it had a dart machine that didn't work............mmmmmmm..........



and for some reason to prove how far ahead the people of Tokyo are, it had the 2 items in there too. WARNING....THE PICS MAY BE TOO FUTURE-Y-






it really does say Singapole!!!

the show itself was the best of the trip in my opinion.the kind of show that these guys always manage to pull off when it's a big high pressure show. I had only 1 run of about 4/ 5 songs where I was changing guitars with dom, stuart and barry in some of the special tunings. So I was quite an easy show all in.
the stage looked a bit like this for the show......





a surprise return of the mogwai young team lighting right( for one night only.)

after the show there was time for a beer then back to the hotel, where I crashed out like a small child.

the next day I woke early and along with pete and mick went to the park up the hill from the hotel.
it's that one where bands set up and play on sunday......
it was sunday, but I think we were too early for all the rock.
we did see this cool punk band play though.....


we played at the new(ish) liquid rooms on sunday.
I'd only been to the old club, so was surprised at how much smaller the new club was.
I guess having odd things in the dressing room is the coolest thing to do in Tokyo, as in this one there was a ping pong table
we all had a wee shot at it, and I was clearly the best .........................Aye right!







The gig was cool but as with all end of tour shows,everyone is excited it'a all over but sad thet you're not going to be seeing your pals again in the near future.
such is the way of the road etc etc etc

after the show,
i went to the punk rock bar with dom and pete......the rest of the guys went to see the celtic game in the Tokyo supporters club.

see youse later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home